Diet & Exercise DNA Testing with ARCpoint Labs
Wondering why your diet isn’t working? Don’t you want the best dietary recommendations for your body? ARCpoint Labs offers a revolutionary new service, diet & exercise DNA testing for individuals and companies that want optimal health.
Diet & Exercise DNA Testing Benefits
Diet & exercise DNA testing from ARCpoint Labs is beneficial to a number of people, such as:
- those struggling to lose weight
- those looking to live a healthier lifestyle
- those that have hit a weight loss plateau
- personal trainers or fitness coaches
Don’t go into your weight loss or wellness journey blind; our team can help you discover optimal diet and exercise plans based on your genetic makeup.
What is Diet & Exercise DNA testing?
Do you find your body just doesn’t want to lose weight, no matter how hard you’re trying? Maybe you’ve got a set cardio routine, but aren’t shedding the pounds that you want to. Perhaps you’ve hit a plateau in your strength training and aren’t satisfied.
Your answers may lie in your DNA. The professionals at ARCpoint Labs will collect a saliva sample and using this, test a set number of genes for specific variants that may affect your diet and exercise efforts. Studies have shown that tendencies of certain ge
nes comprising our genetic makeup can play a major role in maintaining a healthy body and employing a successful wellness regimen.
In fact, your genes can help determine which foods to eat and avoid, which vitamins and supplements you should be taking and what type of exercise are best to incorporate into your routine. By having this information, you may be able more ably lose or simply maintain your weight and thus optimize your health and wellness. With a simple cheek (or buccal) swab, ARCpoint Labs can help you or your clients live a healthier life.
What We Test
ARCpoint Labs tests a variety of different genes to help identify which ones tell the body how to process or absorb carbohydrates, fats, micro-nutrients, proteins and more. These genes, which may include the following, can also be informative about the effectiveness of your fitness routine:
- FTO: Your genotype can indicate whether or not you feel full after you eat a meal, thus revealing the cause behind your tendency to overeat.
- ADIPOQ: This gene is associated with adiponectin, which in decreased levels, impairs fat processing and increases the risk of obesity.
- MC4R: A variant can lead to insulin resistance as well as an increased BMI and waist circumference.
- TMEM18: This gene’s variants are associated with increased risk of obesity in adults and extreme obesity in children.
- IRS1: This specific gene has proven to be related to insulin sensitivity and how carbohydrates affect the body.
These are just a few of the secrets to a healthy life that diet & exercise DNA testing can unlock. By understanding what role these genes play in your or your client’s body, it’s possible to incorporate a diet and exercise regimen that is tailor-made to work hand-in-hand with an individual’s DNA.
Want to understand how your body responds to the food you give it? Learn more about diet & exercise DNA testing and what it can do for you; reach out to the professionals at ARCpoint Labs of Reading.
Accurate. Reliable. Confidential Testing.